Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Welcome home

 

Today was our first day back at our old box and I went straight back to my exploratory photography, lying on the mats, shooting up, down, across, and toying with the exposure settings. It felt good to be back!

Halfway through I noticed a disturbing trend: I tend to favor full-body shots that take up about 3/4 of the frame and lack facial details. Once in a while is ok, but dozens of the same type of shot can get boring. So for this one I got up as close as possible without shoving the lens in Treefrog's face (sorry Treefrog- you were a good sport!) which sort of exaggerated the size of the near olympic plate. I cropped it even closer in picasa so that the plate filled almost half of the frame.

I'm going to try and shoot tighter shots from now on. I haven't used my 50mm lens in a while so maybe it's time to dust that bad boy off again now that we're back in the old gym. Actually, I will be using my 50mm very shortly for another purpose this weekend. I'll give a few more details in a day or two, but if all goes well this weekend let's just say this isn't the only website where you'll be seeing my shots....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this photo. You captured TreeFrog's effort so well!