Friday, February 27, 2009

My UWC Pics on BloodyElbow.com!

EDITED to add: I updated the links below as they were mobile versions that my blackberry inserted. Sorry for the glitch!
-----
Sorry for the delay in posting. Those of you who know me know this was a trying week for a number of reasons, not the least of which was a severely limited internet connection. Nevertheless, I am happy to log on briefly tonight (thank you Blackberry!!) to include the following link.

Yep, that's one of my shots featured on BloodyElbow.com! Luke Thomas, Editor-in-Chief, was nice enough to let me cover the event for his website. It was a great experience. I had a ROCKIN seat, right up against the cage and within earshot of Luke calling the event for the UWC.

The fights were fantastic, especially the bout between John "The Magician" Dodson and Jose "The Pistol" Villarisco. Those guys are a photographer's dream come true with all their flying kicks and acrobatics. Amazing!

The matchup between LeVon Maynard and Kyle Baker was also pretty exciting for me. It was something I'd been waiting for for a long time as I'm a fan of both fighters. I was torn who to root for, but enjoyed it immensely even though I knew one was gonna go down.

Finally, the fight between Iman Achhal and Felice Herrig was a new one for me. I'd never seen a girl MMA matchup before and wondered if I would enjoy it as much as the men. The answer is yes. It was definitely different but still enjoyable.

On a whole, it was a great night with great fights and good photo ops. I also got to rub elbows with my photog friend and (dare I say?) unofficial mentor, Keith Mills, and schmooz a bit with friends and FighterLink owners John and Jen Tackett. Thanks guys, for looking out for me at this event! I'm still really new to this world so I can use all the Big Brothering I can get! ;)

Pics taken for BloodyElbow.com can also be found here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Work!!!!!