Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Pointe of CrossFit

 
Betcha don't see this everyday!

One of our athletes studies ballet when she's not CrossFitting. During warmup the other day, I noticed her bag sitting against the wall with one of her pointe shoes tumbling out. It was such a juxtaposition with the surroundings I had to take a shot. I grabbed a kettlebell and a jump rope that were in my path and placed them next to the bag, et voila! Pointe Shoe and Kettlebell still-life!

I submitted it to the CrossFit main site a few days ago but they didn't post it (I'm not upset; it might be a little artsy fartsy for their taste). But I didn't want to sit on it any longer. I'm pretty excited by it and I want to share it with everyone.

Basically, I adjusted the levels in GIMP to build up a little contrast between the pink slipper and the pinkish dance bag, desaturated it, and then selectively re-colored the shoe and kettlebell.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this photo! I always though Jen's CrossFit, shooting, and ballet are one big oxymoron. You perfectly summarized it in your picture!!!!

Dr. Error said...

Thanks Zoya! That's what I love about CrossFit- it fits into ANY lifestyle.

Haley said...

This is an amazing picture! I wish I had your talent. I love your blog, I come here often.

dirtyjeepgirlie said...

I always love your pics! There are quite a few of yours that I think should grace the main page! From one photographer to another...keep up the great work!

Dr. Error said...

Thanks everyone! It's so nice to get feedback from others. I really appreciate everyone's comments and will try to post more soon.

Brown said...

Dr. Error,

Thanks for being the eyes behind the scenes for OS. Much appreciated!

Brown