Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Red blood in black & white

 
Normally I don't like to post pics I haven't taken myself, but I'll make an exception for this one that Brown took today. Today's WOD was an AMRAP-20 (as many rounds as possible in 20 min) of 5 Deadlifts and 10 Burpees. We had two guests today, one of which was so vigorous with his deadlifts, he shaved the top layer of skin off his shin with the knurl of the bar. Ouch.

The original picture was a tad dark and the blood didn't really stand out. Blood, sweat, and tears always make for interesting photography, so I thought I might tweak the shot a bit. In order to emphasize blood (a common occurrence in both MMA and CrossFit), I've found that a green filter in Picasa's filtered B&W tool works wonders. And there we have it: another picture of a CrossFit casualty to add to our collection. I love it.

For more of Brown's incredibly fuzzy pictures from today's WOD, check out Thanksgiving Penance Part Dos. Yeah yeah, I know. I promise, I will show him how to use my camera one of these days. ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I don't get paid to take great pictures. Big Tiny is just an old school primate who never fully went through the human evolution. If I could only tell you half of the stories, no one would believe me. I may embarrass him tomorrow with the Michael Jackson story.

Dr. Error said...

*grin*
I count the hours...