Friday, December 5, 2008

Projections

 

This was a neat shot: I was photographing Treefrog today while she was doing kettlebell swings. The light from the mid-day sun was pouring in through the front window and projected our Gracie Jiu Jitsu logo from the window onto the far wall of the gym.

Once again, I'm always amazed at how blind I am. Rather than look around my environment and find something interesting to shoot (like this projection), I spent most of the workout trying to force some interesting slow-shutter shots of people doing box jumps (you can see them in the Dead Weight album). The box jump shots were sorta fun, but I need to be more aware of situations that present themselves, rather than trying to concoct them. I'm beginning to realize that many of my favorite shots are the ones I didn't set out to take.

No comments: