Friday, August 22, 2008

Hurts so good

 
A common sight on many CrossFit blogs is a Broken Blisters shot. For some reason, we feel the need to document our pain. We wear these scars proudly, men and women alike. I never would have thought I'd succumb to this odd form of vanity but as soon as I finished Cindy today and saw how shredded my hands were, I said, "Quick! Take a picture!" Yong gets credit for this shot, using my Canon Powershot. I used selective colorization just for the heck of it- my palms were so pink and raw, I wanted that to be the main focus. Then I tweaked the contrast to bring out blisters and cuts a bit more. How sexy is that? I guess I was just elated because I had set a new personal record and it was the first time I had done Cindy as Rx'd. As I type this now, though, the skin is tight and painful (which is why the selective colorization is so sloppy. Sorry 'bout that!) Ah well, sometimes you have to break a few blisters to break a PR.

For more shots of today's workout, visit 080822Cindy

No comments: