Friday, July 25, 2008

Sno-cones and gym mats

 
This was a neat effect I discovered during our workout "Fran": the bright red mats on the floor reflected their colors on the white garage door, making a weird rainbow effect vaguely reminiscent of those technicolor Sno-Cones I used to enjoy every summer, first from the Snoopy Snow-Cone Machine I had as a kid, later from the ice-cream man outside the neighborhood pool as a teenager, and finally from the street vendors on the National Mall as a young intern in Washington, DC. Damn things had so much colored syrup, your tongue would be purple for days.... But I digress.

The point is, I took a lot of silhouette shots that were best viewed in black and white, but my favorite one was this one because of the surprising colors. I just wish the garage door had been slightly higher so that the shape of the barbell wouldn't have been lost. Ah well. To see the others, go to Fran

No comments: